- burn off tons of calories
- improve cardio
- tone your legs and butt
- have fun at the same time?
Then try Ultimate Cycle at Shirlee’s Gym in Upland.
If you think cycling only makes sense outside, think again. Join our dedicated group of members who work out in our Ultimate Cycle studio. Led by our enthusiastic instructor, these ladies have a blast pumping pedals to the beat of music and flashing lights.
Cycling is one of the most effective ways to shed weight because it burns up to 500 calories in a 40-minute session. If you have never tried, it, don’t be intimidated. Our bikes adjust easily, so you can work at your own level and pick up your pace as you get stronger. The women in our Ultimate Cycle class are a friendly, inspiring group.
If you want to try out our bikes, here are some tips:
- Come to class a few minutes early the first couple of times to have your instructor help you adjust the handle bars and the seat. You need to know how to make it fit you correctly. You want to avoid putting too much pressure on your knees or lower back to avoid injury.
- Bring a towel as you will be sweating
- Bring a water bottle.
- If you feel yourself becoming addicted, invest in a pair of padded shorts.
- Start out slowly and work your way up. If you overexert yourself the first time, you may not come back.
- If at any time the class seems too intense, just pedal more slowly, take the tension down, or take a break. Do not be embarrassed. No one cares. Really.
- As with any exercise, talk with your doctor before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if you have health issues.
- Let your instructor know if you are having trouble with the resistance knob or the general technique. She will be more than happy to help.
- Keep track of your heart rate as you go to make sure you are not overtaxing yourself . . . and to track your improvement over the weeks.
Fitness experts agree that a varied routine is best. Shirlee’s has tons of cardio options. Get out of your comfort zone and try something new. Hop on a bike and give it a spin.
Check out the 15-second video above to see the class in action.
Thank you to our instructor Annette and her class for letting us take video in our Ultimate Cycle class. You ladies rock.